Being charged with a criminal offense not only affects one’s social status, but also has psychological effects on the arrested person. It affects the person’s freedom, dignity, prestige and peace of mind. Depending on the severity of the crime, one may be sent to jail, pay a huge fine or end up with a criminal record, and this could negatively affect their future employment prospects.
Although some legal issues can be handled without the assistance of an attorney, it is essential to hire a proficient Criminal Defense Lawyer in Bel Air MD when charged with a criminal offense. A qualified criminal defense attorney such as Maria Caruso has an in-depth knowledge of both the state and federal criminal laws. The lawyer can offer the convicted person the needed legal support and advice throughout all the stages of the criminal process. Here are some essential details to know about criminal lawyers.
Cases Handled by a Qualified Criminal Defense Lawyers
There are many types of crimes in the modern society. A proficient criminal defense lawyer is trained to handle various categories of criminal cases professionally. Some of these cases include:
* Driving Under Influence (DUI)
* Theft or burglary
* Mortgage fraud
* Insurance fraud
* White collar crimes
* Domestic violence
* Money laundering
* Medicare or health care fraud
* Drug trafficking and many others
Four Critical Roles of Qualified Criminal Lawyers
* Case preparation and Management
* A proficient criminal defense attorney can help the convicted person to prepare for the case by collecting sufficient evidence to prove their innocence.
* Protection of the defendant:
* A qualified lawyer will ensure that the rights of the accused are well protected at all levels while undergoing trial.
* Negotiation with the opposite party:
* A competent criminal defense lawyer can discuss negotiable terms with the opposite party to reduce the charges filed against their client.
* Court representation
* An experienced criminal lawyer will represent their client zealously in court. They will utilize their professional tricks and tactics into convincing the judge in their favor.
These are just some of the most important details to know before hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Bel Air MD. With the right criminal defense attorney, one can rest assured that they will get the possible outcome of the case.