While you may have some experience in insurance, taxes and accounting, there are very few individuals who have extensive knowledge in the area of planning for retirement, long-term care, Medicaid planning, the guardianship for any of your minor children or other important factors regarding estate planning. This is why you should hire the services of a reputable estate planning lawyer in Pottstown, PA for assistance. These lawyers can help you to ensure your estate is planned and that all long term care arrangements are made, ensuring that you will have long-term security financially speaking.
From the issue of long-term care insurance to helping you establish a revocable living trust and creating a power of attorney to assign guardianship for your minor children, an attorney in the area of estate planning holds a key role in your life. Some of the biggest benefits of hiring this professional include the following:
* Allowing you to systematically organize all of your assets so that you are able to leave your loved ones or family an inheritance.
* Allowing you the ability to bequeath any assets to charities, distant members of your family or friends that would typically not receive your assets.
* Reduction of legal fees, court costs and estate taxes helping to maximize your estate assets.
* Controlling when and how your assets will be spent by creating conditions and directions, which are kept in a living trust.
* Takes the guess work from understanding any applicable estate taxes and probate.
* Provides protection for your inheritances and assets.
* Provides you the ability to ensure a special needs child receives what they need.
* Appointment of guardians for minor children rather than having them go to the foster system.
The fact is that when you invest in estate planning, it will be an ongoing process that will involve a number of extremely important life decision. Most estate planning lawyers will typically suggest that people refrain from the use of any type of do it yourself instructions when it comes to the actual planning of your estate. If you do not follow the proper procedure, use the proper form or fill it out correctly, then the documents may not be considered legal. This means that your assets and last requests will not be carried out in the manner you desired, leaving your family to sift through the mess.
David T. Schnarrs Attorney at Law offers quality legal services for wills & estate planning in Pottstown, PA to secure your family’s future.