Unfortunately, even the worst of accidents happen, no matter how careful you are. At times, it can be difficult to see a pedestrian stepping out in front of your vehicle from the curb, and it can be difficult to see a car coming around a corner. If you have accidentally hit a pedestrian with your car, there are some things you need to keep in mind so that you do not make the situation worse for yourself.
You must understand that any time an accident occurs, there is a risk of facing criminal or civil charges. Even if the pedestrian has no visible injury, and does not require medical attention. One of the most important points in any pedestrian vs. vehicle accident is to locate pedestrian accident lawyers in Oahu.
What to Do in the Event of a Pedestrian Accident
• Immediately stop your car. Do not leave the scene.
• Turn on your emergency hazard lights. If it is safe, exit your vehicle and check for injuries.
• Call 911 and provide aid to the best of your ability. 911 will dispatch both amulets and police services.
• Remain at the scene until police provided consent for you to leave.
• Do not hide or attempt to hide any physical evidence regarding the accident.
• Core whop great completely with sloe enforcement. Do not interfere in their proceedings, or get in their way.
• Provide accurate information to every person responsible for collecting it. You will need to provide your phone number, address, witness information, and insurance information.
• Photograph any damage related to the accident. If possible, get pictures of any injuries the pedestrian claims to have. Take pictures of the surrounding areas from every angle possible.
• Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. In the United States, most insurance companies require a copy of the police report when you file the claim.
• Do not talk about the accident to anyone. At the scene, carefully monitor every word to say. After the accident, do not discuss the details with anyone, especially the attorney of the opposing party.
• Contact pedestrian accident lawyers in Oahu immediately. You will require representation whether the opposing party chooses to sue you or not.
For more information about your options, contact Autoaccidentattorneyhonolulu.com.
Join us here!